Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Rent A Game Server
Online Users

In total there are 26 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 26 guests

Most users ever online was 124 on Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:57 am

Registered users: No registered users based on users active over the past 5 minutes

Cmds and Level

Complain about admin abuse (For Non R*X Members)

Cmds and Level

PostAuthor: IndianaJones » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:04 pm

Hello! Since I cannot write any PMs anymore I have to write it down here.

Today I found out, that rox members with certain levels cannot do !restart while I can with lvl 32. I executed the cmd for them.

I am a little irritated that rox admins cannot execute such a cmd unless you think some rox members did some BS with it...

Maybe some high ranking admin should look into that issue because one rox memeber was very upset to say the least...

just my 2 cents...

IndianaJones

Liked in: 0 post
Flag:
Isle of Man

Re: Cmds and Level

PostAuthor: jimi » Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:02 am

Hello oops. Even though i'm not well educated on that matter ill happily try to answer.
Rox Has its history, tradition and methods. This topic has been brought up many times. There is reason and logic behind what youre saying. Why low leveled members dont have that many commands then? Actually youve guessed correctly, there were many incidents in which reckless admins caused unnecessary problems.
So from what i understand there was a problem and it was solved. Of course there could have been different, maybe even better solutions.
And finally few words to my fellow low leveled rox admins. Being a high admin isnt only about being the Boss. Its also about being responsible and fair. I would argue that its really hard to be reasonably good admin every day you play. You have to deal with many retarded pubers and members. You have to listen to people whining and crying. And being low level member Has its advantages. For example you cant be punished with level demotion. Theres also less responsibility on your shoulders. You take part in fewer stressful situations - you live longer.

If i didnt manage to clarify things up im very sorry for wasting your very valuable time.

PS Why were you farming killing sprees on goldrush on botsl and left server the moment i caught you on doing it?
:R*X:UNEXHS
jimi
ROX
ROX

Flag:
Poland
Player Alias: :R*X:UNEXHS or JIMI

PostAuthor: ReactoR » Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:45 am

This question has been answerd many times before but again i'll give the full answer.

level 32 and level 33 are reserved for pubs who are friends of clan and have been around alot of time, years, their levels marks how trust worthy they are and the commands the are given out of trust and respect.

level 40, 50, 60 etc are for new members who might have been around for like few months. its not that they are no trustworthy but they are rather "new" to the ways the clan works and might need further time to adjust and learn to use the commands. they are equppied with the commands needed to admin server which are warn kick etc.

some levels, like level 500 and level 1999 are missing some important commands, thats true, but thats how elmo wanted it to be and he doesnt want to change it for his own reasons. most of the time you can find a level 2400 or level 2000 or 1800 in server so if someone missing a specific command he can ask them (or a lvl 32/33) to do it, its not a punishment to ask a lower level to do something for you.

always remember highest level PLAYING controls the map and the desicion is up to him about everything.

i hope this answers your question.
ReactoR
Draza
Draza

Medals: 1
Nutella (1)
Player Alias: :R*X:ReactoR

PostAuthor: IndianaJones » Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:12 pm

Well thanks for your answers. I was just curious, but if 'le boss' ;) has his reason then who am I to argue? Besides, I don't mind, but someone else did. I just asked Steve once if I can have !spec999 for some reasons...

another thing, why can't I write any pms anymore or use the search engine in the forum? :O hacker problems?

p.s. @jimi: sometimes I just prefer to play alone and kill bots...it's more of a concentration excersise and aim practise on a sunday morning. So I leave when someone is coming, notthing personal. hope you don't mind...

IndianaJones

Flag:
Isle of Man

PostAuthor: ReactoR » Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:19 am

IndianaJones wrote:another thing, why can't I write any pms anymore or use the search engine in the forum? :O hacker problems?.

do you get some error message?
ReactoR
Draza
Draza

Nutella (1)

PostAuthor: IndianaJones » Thu Nov 22, 2018 6:02 pm

ReactoR wrote:
IndianaJones wrote:another thing, why can't I write any pms anymore or use the search engine in the forum? :O hacker problems?.

Nope. When I click "View your posts" I get "You are not permitted to use it"...same with PMs, also as I wrote in another topic I cannot upload anything

IndianaJones

Flag:
Isle of Man

PostAuthor: ReactoR » Fri Nov 23, 2018 4:42 pm

IndianaJones wrote:
ReactoR wrote:

Nope. When I click "View your posts" I get "You are not permitted to use it"...same with PMs, also as I wrote in another topic I cannot upload anything

Your forum premissions were kinda fucked up, so i unfucked them, now you should have all the features including search and attach files

sorry about that

post again if it wasnt fixed
ReactoR
Draza
Draza

Nutella (1)

PostAuthor: IndianaJones » Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:47 pm

Thanks, it was fixed.

IndianaJones

Flag:
Isle of Man

PostAuthor: Cat » Sat Dec 22, 2018 1:45 am

IndianaJones wrote:
ReactoR wrote:

i have the same issue. cant reply Pm's

Cat

PostAuthor: ReactoR » Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:07 am

Cat wrote:
i have the same issue. cant reply Pm's

It should be fixed now, post here if it wasnt
ReactoR
Draza
Draza