Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Rent A Game Server
Online Users

In total there are 25 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 25 guests

Most users ever online was 124 on Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:57 am

Registered users: No registered users based on users active over the past 5 minutes

!balance command

New maps, New Campaigns or just any ideas

!balance command

PostAuthor: Nando » Sat Jan 31, 2015 3:50 am

Please can more admins be given the !balance command.
Its usually me and a few others switching sides to even the teams - then i end up shooting my new team mates for the first few mins :ph34r:
Its only a low level command and takes the lowest ranked player to the opposing side hardly a big upset. Only a very few admins have this command. Whats happening atm is admins asking people to switch (eventually) but severals minutes have gone by and by that time 1 or 2 objectives are done .

Please it would be most welcomed.

Nando
Nando
ROX
ROX

Liked in: 0 post
Flag:
Great Britain

Re: !balance command

PostAuthor: mag » Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:42 pm

ask people to switch - if nobody does - pic a volunteer and put him on the weaker team ...
mag
Global Mod
Global Mod

Flag:
Austria

PostAuthor: hessu » Sat Jan 31, 2015 1:40 pm

mag wrote:ask people to switch - if nobody does - pic a volunteer and put him on the weaker team ...

Thats a good answer
hessu
Global Mod
Global Mod

PostAuthor: Nando » Sat Jan 31, 2015 3:33 pm

Pick a volunteer ???? Thats an oxymoron

:blink:
Nando
ROX
ROX

Flag:
Great Britain

PostAuthor: mag » Sat Jan 31, 2015 4:58 pm

Nando wrote:Thats an oxymoron

doesn't have to be a moron.. can be any player on the server :P
mag
Global Mod
Global Mod

Flag:
Austria

PostAuthor: kwame » Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:33 pm

oxymoron is my favourite :wub:
kwame
Global Mod
Global Mod

Flag:
Ghana
Player Alias: R*X LOVE

PostAuthor: Biacz » Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:37 pm

If admins dont switch after they ve been asked to do it, i do !putspec admin, if teams re really hopeless. It has actually done good. :D So we can handle teams without this !balance command, too :)
kittycat
Biacz

Flag:
Estonia

PostAuthor: hessu » Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:22 am

I dont understand this constant complaining about admin commands there has been recently.

all problems are solved with these three commands, !putteam !kick and !ban.. maybe a mute also :P that makes four..
hessu
Global Mod
Global Mod

PostAuthor: RXJEDI » Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:43 pm

switch and switch and asked people to switch take several times and why not Hessu these 3 cmds : !Shuffle !balance !restart ? Answer wll be always to use other things but to me it will stay always wind with words when in facts it is like to remove the wheels of a car and asking to bring this car wihout wheels as a sign of intelligence when maybe intelligence is first to put these wheels back . This is absurd :rolleyes:
To me this is absurd :D i switch and switch like an idiot as Nando and because im not an idiot as Nando i know why i switch and what it miss.

It miss the wheels of this ROX car like it miss the wings of an airplane to fly correctly and the solution is not to use a parachute, or the command of an ejection seat. !mute the pilot, eject him with !kick ! and !ban him :D What i see is this airplane without wings and without the correct commands to control these wings and to control this airplane as what i read up is how to control this airplane without wings only and nothing else. i will not change my opinion because 1) Im right 2) because i know these cmds exists and not for nothing :D

Ok then, im ok with these solutions you said up but strangely i never see someone put a player with !putteam and i see only solutions with blablabla . Facts are 1) majority of rox don t use ! putteam and are not clear about to fix teams between K/D and count how much players are in teams to determine if teams are fair , not more 2) All rox don ' t switch and this is another problem 3) We don 't have rules prohibiting to move or switch when teams are fixed by admins as it exist on other servers and 4) It is me who don't understand why this airplane don' have wings and why you complain about people who see this airplane don t have wings to fly correctly :D

To finish it exist admins with highest cmds yes or not ? then it is simple ; if they know why they are highest admins and why they have these cmds, where is the problem ? May be simply they don t use their levels and considerate only the fact to be highest admin as a simple sign honorific and nothing else . May be front of this inactivity, it explain why this Nando Topic exist , yes or not ?

Friendly

Jedi
RXJEDI
ROX
ROX

Flag:
Vatican City State

PostAuthor: RXJEDI » Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:43 pm

hessu wrote:
mag wrote:ask people to switch - if nobody does - pic a volunteer and put him on the weaker team ...

Thats a good answer

Thats a good effect ! this is different :) and this effect don t exist in game concretly and that why the request of Nando exist :D

Blablable , do , mi , re , sol, fa , lalalala :wub:

Elmo and maggie :wub:

Last edited by RXJEDI on Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RXJEDI
ROX
ROX

Flag:
Vatican City State

PostAuthor: mag » Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:48 pm

RXJEDI wrote:switch and switch and asked people to switch take several times and why not Hessu these 3 cmds : !Shuffle !balance !restart ? Answer wll be always to use other things but to me it will stay always wind with words when in facts it is like to remove the wheels of a car and asking to bring this car wihout wheels as a sign of intelligence when maybe intelligence is first to put these wheels back . This is absurd :rolleyes:
To me this is absurd :D i switch and switch like an idiot as Nando and because im not an idiot as Nando i know why i switch and what it miss.

It miss the wheels of this ROX car like it miss the wings of an airplane to fly correctly and the solution is not to use a parachute, or the command of an ejection seat. !mute the pilot, eject him with !kick ! and !ban him :D What i see is this airplane without wings and without the correct commands to control these wings and to control this airplane as what i read up is how to control this airplane without wings only and nothing else. i will not change my opinion because 1) Im right 2) because i know these cmds exists and not for nothing :D

Ok then, im ok with these solutions you said up but strangely i never see someone put a player with !putteam and i see only solutions with blablabla . Facts are 1) majority of rox don t use ! putteam and are not clear about to fix teams between K/D and count how much players are in teams to determine if teams are fair , not more 2) All rox don ' t switch and this is another problem 3) We don 't have rules prohibiting to move or switch when teams are fixed by admins as it exist on other servers and 4) It is me who don't understand why this airplane don' have wings and why you complain about people who see this airplane don t have wings to fly correctly :D

To finish it exist admins with highest cmds yes or not ? then it is simple ; if they know why they are highest admins and why they have these cmds, where is the problem ? May be simply they don t use their levels and considerate only the fact to be highest admin as a simple sign honorific and nothing else . May be front of this inactivity, it explain why this Nando Topic exist , yes or not ?

Friendly

Jedi

TL:DR:
nothing really said
mag
Global Mod
Global Mod

Flag:
Austria

PostAuthor: RXJEDI » Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:52 pm

Effect again ! nothing really said ? What you said is exactly what do Nando actually ; Be reasonnable Maggie :) This is not with this kind of artifice you will change something till your advice wich exist actually and is just what Nando do ; So i don 't know who say really nothing but i know what it miss. Also if it exist other solutions, we use these solutions actually but it need to know why ? And why is just we don 't have other choice than to switch and switch again and you are just happy to be a pilot in an airplane without wings and without other choice to control this airplane without wings :D My advice is do what you said instead to say that others say really nothing , i ask nothing else .
! putteam i want to see that and you know why you will do that ? Because i ask you now and you are trapped to do what you say :wub: :)

I WANT TO SEE YOU DOING WHAT YOU SAY AS I WANT TO SEE YOUR ADVICE TO NANDO IN GAME AND NOT ONLY READ WHAT YOU SAY AND YOUR ADVICE !

Nothing really said ? To me it look very consistent :blink:
Last edited by RXJEDI on Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RXJEDI
ROX
ROX

Flag:
Vatican City State

PostAuthor: mag » Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:19 pm

RXJEDI wrote:Effect again ! nothing said ? What you said is exactly what do Nando actually ; Be reasonnable Maggie :)

as far as i can tell nando asked for comands which allow the admins to keep the teams even - imho balance is not the right cmd to do so in about 80% of the situations and therefore i dont see a point in this request. the admins who need to have balance (and probably know how to use it - lets hope they do ) have the command. a balance is most likely to be followed by a map restart - and i would rather not see more admins (especially new admins) have that command.

it's good to see that nando among other admins cares about even teams but i completely agree with what hessu said
hessu wrote:all problems are solved with these three commands, !putteam !kick and !ban.. maybe a mute also :P that makes four..
mag
Global Mod
Global Mod

Flag:
Austria

PostAuthor: mag » Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:20 pm

RXJEDI wrote:
hessu wrote:

cool song btw
mag
Global Mod
Global Mod

Flag:
Austria

PostAuthor: RXJEDI » Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:55 pm

Yes the song is cool lol 80 % is not close to the truth and a bit exaggerated Maggie and Hessu joke with these 3 cmds ( i hope ) that i also ask to Hessu to prove what he said and almost do what he said with these 3 cmds to fix teams that i never saw Hessu used one of these cmds :D
!Kick !putteam and !Ban , ban who? a guy who don 't want to switch ? lol

Allo Allo Houston ! ROX lost the sense of orientation and the direction of the earth ! ( Not easy with a shuttle without wings and without handle) :D :wub:

RXJEDI
ROX
ROX

Flag:
Vatican City State

PostAuthor: elmo » Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:00 pm

Quick butt in post

How did shuffle work last night. 2 uses on the same map.
elmo
Admin
Admin

Flag:
England
Player Alias: elmo

PostAuthor: brox » Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:21 pm

starting to go round in circles , :wub: :wub:
its easy to see there is no quick fix or any one way to fix this,
a good attacking team on oasis , can be a crap defending team on radar ,
some times getting pawned in a few maps helps clear the soul , :wub: :wub:
brox
Qubenet
Qubenet

Flag:
Great Britain
Medals: 2
Medal Of Outstanding Support (1) Nutella (1)

PostAuthor: zylod » Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:11 pm

!balance would be quick attempt to fix. !shuffle is desperation attempt to fix bad teams...do these commands have some uses ? Yes...preferably its not the way I would like to do it. We had several God awful maps last night and we shuffled...sometimes u gotta do it...even if its just to give the illusion your trying to fix teams....Biggest problem we have is we have some members who won't switch and LOTS of pubs that will not switch. For me that should be a rule for anyone playing on server. I know I get tired and Andy gets tired Nando and few others....that do most of the switching. I've suggested...for I dunno...years now best to talk in clan chat about teams and what to do...that way some can switch or do whatever is needed without commands....but problem is the same...If i make suggestion or say he teams sux ass....other than a few all i get is silence.....
zylod
Global Mod
Global Mod

Flag:
United States of America
Medals: 1
Medal Of Outstanding Support (1)

PostAuthor: elmo » Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:50 pm

Above post by zy

I did see last night.

Its noted
elmo
Admin
Admin

Flag:
England
Player Alias: elmo

PostAuthor: kwame » Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:26 pm

this topic and each answer is +1 for my idea in intern forum... B)
kwame
Global Mod
Global Mod

Flag:
Ghana
Player Alias: R*X LOVE

Next

Return to Server Ideas